Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Vehicle Technology (VT), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VT provide innovative, safe and driver friendly solutions. Our solutions are based on optimized mechanics, electronics & software, exceeding our customers’ expectations regarding vehicle behavior, uptime, energy consumption and productivity.What you will be doing
The Geometrical Architect (GA) takes the lead in cross-commodity geometrical activities to fulfil the project QDCF requirements. GA brings complete vehicle knowledge and drives engineering designs and strategies, aligning common interfaces through Common Architecture and Shared Technology (CAST), all while balancing needs of various stakeholders and protecting brand distinction.
As an Intern in this team, you will work alongside other Geometrical Architects to support them in their day-to-day activities.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Providing support with projects and project pre-study activities
- Creating CAD Layouts, proposing packaging solutions as warranted
- Performing cross functional CAD reviews
- Collect and review Technical Inputs (TI) for Product Design
- Coordinate and Support with VR/XR reviews
You are a Mechanical Engineering
student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group Manager – Cab Architecture and Assurance.Required:
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during their summer internship period
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development