Do you want to be part of an exciting and innovating future at GTT Vehicle Business Control? And do you have the curiosity and drive to take on new possibilities? Then please continue to read, because you might very well be the one we are looking for!
The Volvo Group is committed to driving prosperity by providing world class sustainable transport solutions. GTT Vehicle Technology is at the heart of the development of competitive products with cutting edge technology with a high focus on sustainability. We are looking for a Business Controller to support Vehicle Technology on their journey ahead.This is us, your new colleagues
We are part of the Controlling & Product Finance team in Volvo Group Trucks Technology. As Business Partners of Vehicle Engineering, we provide business analysis and financial direction, tailored to optimize the performance of the functions and R&D portfolios. We are a global team of approx. 20 controllers located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba and Bangalore.
We have a can-do team spirit and always encourage each other to dare, perform and develop. Our culture is built on collaboration with mutual trust and respect, with a mindset to continuously improve our delivery and bring added-value to our stakeholders.Role and Expectations
In this role, you are a pro-active member of Vehicle Business Control team and you are responsible for the Volvo FH FM FMX Heavy Duty Vehicle (HDV) portfolio. You work closely to the Vehicle Engineering function as well as to the Heavy Duty Trucks Range. The Vehicle Integration Programs Managers (VIPM) and Introblock Chief Project Managers (IB CPM ) are important stakeholders that you cooperate and support on a daily business as well as all other functions involved to prepare and anchor financial material for decisions, securing the long term profitability of the Truck Divisions.
As a team player, you secure a culture of continuous improvement developing and maintaining appropriate financial global processes and systems to secure the financial management of the portfolio. Supported by Finance Project Managers (FPMs), you work to optimize the efficiency within all functions and you work to continuously inspire, challenge and develop the Vehicle Business Control function
The function has the responsibility to secure compliance with GTT and Volvo Group financial policies when it comes to profitability analysis.
A prerequisite for success is an effective cooperation with a number of stakeholders across Group Trucks at large. The position will be placed in Gothenburg, Sweden.Your main operational responsibilities are:
Critical Competencies for the position
- To lead the network of competent, engaged and effective Finance Project Managers (FPMs) assigned to your portfolio
- To quality assure the financial analysis supporting the decision on the HDV portfolio
- To be the pro-active finance representative in different steering fora’s, such as Heavy Duty Base and e-Vehicle Product & Stream Management and Vehicle and IB Committee.
- To lead the financial analysis of the HDV portfolio
- To lead and drive the quarterly phase R&D forecast for the portfolio in close cooperation with Vehicle Engineering and the HDV range
- To apply financial policies and principles for the Volvo Group
- To actively contribute and work with continues improvement of our financial processes and tools.
- To secure stable and solid Product Cost Roadmaps for the Volvo HDV Actual Reference Vehicles (ARV)
For further information about the position, please contact:
- Hold a university degree and/or MBA
- 5-10 years of experience in leading global controlling position
- Extensive knowledge in the project controlling area
- Good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses
Pierre Chapelle, Vice-President Vehicle Business Control email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.