Are you a skilled engineer who has experience in wiring harness designs? Do you possess a genuine interest in the automotive industry and how it is continuously evolving? Does the opportunity to join an organization shaping the future of the world as we develop autonomous and electrified vehicles excite you?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are seeking a CAB Wiring Engineer to join our team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details! Who We Are
Our team, Wiring Harness, is a dynamic group within the Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department for Volvo Group North America. EEVC delivers all electrical and software features for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks in the North American market. We work with diesel platforms, electromobility products, automation, and connectivity in a committed effort to drive progress and shape the future landscape of sustainable transportation. We are now increasing our focus on Automation and Electromobility.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Wiring Engineer, you will develop complex electrical wiring harness designs within the area of assignment. Heavy emphasis is placed on knowledge, originality, analysis, interaction within department and external organizations. The job requires detailed documentation and report writing.
The main objective is to provide complete design solutions in wiring harness. Understanding of circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes will be important to achieve the mission. You will develop and advise in defining wiring harness diagram and wiring harness installation solutions.
Using design software and inputs from a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for creating harness drawings derived from analytical electrical needs to distribute power and protection to a complex architecture. You will have a hands-on approach in which there will be a need to evaluate and verify your design to ensure that form, fit, and function are accurate.
Who You Are
- Develop and implement complex electrical wiring harness solutions including related routing and clipping solutions
- Communicate with internal and external counterpart as applicable
- Ensure design correctness and completeness for all wiring harness releases within area of responsibility
- Select best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry wide design guidelines and recommended practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations
- Respond to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Support purchasing and product finance organization with cost of change analysis
- Support wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes
If you have read this far, it’s obvious you are interested and now we look at some self-reflection. The electrical wiring harness is considered the central nervous system of the vehicle and demands attention to detail, willingness to learn and a strong ambition to cooperate with internal and external stakeholders. We believe that you are a team player with the ability to plan, drive and follow-up with workload activities to ensure a robust and quality design solution. You accept and own design responsibility for your parts from concept to implementation. You have a genuine interest in the automotive industry and how it is continuously evolving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 3-5+ years electrical engineering experience
- Wiring Harness design experience
- Knowledge of development processes for wiring harnesses SAE, IEEE, and Mil standards
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Harness construction experience with a hands-on approach
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here