Group Trucks Operations
Position DescriptionWant to join our journey towards excellence?
This is us, your new colleagues
Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications under the brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Volvo Penta, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon. The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth and development opportunities await leaders who are willing to join our team on this exciting journey. What to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions, electromobility units, and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Washington county is home to a plethora of history, culture, and outdoor recreation. Located 1.5 hrs from Washington D.C. and Baltimore, and 45 mins from Frederick and Gettysburg, you can find yourself in several different historical sites related to the civil war. It is also easy to find an exhibition, concert, market, or community event in the area that piques your interest. With the Appalachian Trail and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal in your backyard, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, kayaking, and many other outdoor activities. The quaint towns, rural farms, and city life offer many options for the perfect home for you and your family.Who you are…
A Manufacturing Engineer with strong motivation and engagement for continuously improving the manufacturing process. You cultivate relationships and use the experience of our educated workforce as a standard way of working. You would be accountable for managing projects and being an ambitious team member within a diverse, highly skilled team. You will have the opportunity to learn new, innovative technologies and be involved in new product development. Your team’s goal is to implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications in a safe way all while delivering a high-quality product. This is a multi-shift assembly operation and support beyond first shift is necessary on occasion. You will be held accountable to contribute to our continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination, employee engagement and change towards a built-in-quality mindset of the entire Powertrain operation organization of Hagerstown.Main activities and responsibilities for this role
Critical competencies and experience
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, techniques, equipment, gauging, IT systems, and tooling to work towards zero defects.
- Use the knowledge of the workforce and current practices to innovatively introduce and implement new manufacturing processes, technologies, and products.
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions with flexibility for product and volume changes.
- Perform benchmarking to domestic/international Volvo sites and utilize best practices locally and globally throughout the engineering organization.
- Lead industrial projects and develop project plans including participating in pre-studies, theoretical volume capacity scenarios, following up and monitoring activities, and gaining agreement from relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a team mindset to creatively solve problems and deescalate any potential conflict.
- Take initiative to foresee problems and take appropriate actions to minimize the risk of those potential problems.
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of exceling in manufacturing engineering
- Demonstrated individual and teamwork problem solving, risk identification, and mitigation skills
- Excellent time management, communication, and prioritization skills
- Outstanding leadership and decision-making skills
- PMP certification preferred, but not required
- <20% travel required
Great work life balance including generous paid time off benefits
Competitive base salary as well as eligible for annual company bonus
Comprehensive group health benefits package
Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
Career growth opportunities and development programs
Tuition Reimbursement Program