Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now. This will be us - your new colleagues within Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group D&IT infrastructure services. As most of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused on governance, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.Application Infrastructure
Application Infrastructure is part of the Application Services department within IOS. The mission of Application Infrastructure is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services for applications while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Application Infrastructure contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost, and quality.
The Application Infrastructure organization is divided into three functions/teams:
Application Infrastructure Integration is now looking for a Service Area Leader
- Application Hosting – application hosting platforms and services for Mainframe, IBM, VMS, .NET and Java, cloud application hosting services
- Integration & BI - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI (on premise & cloud) and Business Intelligence (on premise)
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from Group D&IT appointed public cloud providers
We are looking for a Service Area Leader to join our governance and development of the application integration services offered to the Volvo Group. In the team you will have the responsibility for the integration infrastructure services development working closely with architects and service delivery leaders. These integration services will be the backbone to enable the Volvo Group digital offerings.
Key responsibilities include:
This is how you can make an impact
- Define and manage the lifecycle, documentation and services catalogue of the portfolio of services
- Collaborate with Volvo Purchasing to manage IT strategic suppliers relations and licenses
- Based on business requirements, backlog and priority from Foundational Product API & Integration, define the strategic direction, long term plans and roadmap for integration capabilities with specific responsibility for Infrastructure services
- For your service area, manage the contractual relationship with our infrastructure partner
- Steer service development and deployment/transition/onboarding projects of integration infrastructure services in collaboration with our infrastructure partner
- Participate in, be responsible for, and drive governance processes, forums, and ways of working for the service area
- Financial responsibility for new development and enhancement budget and follow up
- Define and follow up service area contractual compliance, SLA, KPI’s, metrics and reports
You will work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment. You will be a key player in the Volvo IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group, to develop integration infrastructure services that are fit for purpose. You will be making sure we enable the business to create value at scale in a secure and timely manner. Who are you?
We believe you are an experienced IT leader with a strong interest in application infrastructure, integration services and technologies.
To be successful in this position we believe you have:
Are we a good match?
- Service oriented mindset and business mindset
- Strong personality and communicator skills, being able to manage a large number of different stakeholders
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines, and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to quickly comprehend the capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to build and maintain trustful working relationships with stakeholders, peers, external partners, and colleagues
- Strong competence in managing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions
- Strong experience in managing relationship and negotiations with IT supplier(s)
- Strong governance mindset striving for long term sustainable and secure solutions
- Good knowledge of integration concepts like API management, Messaging, GraphQL and Event Streaming. Experience from working with IBM technologies, Seeburger BIS and Microsoft Azure integration technologies is a plus.
To achieve our goals, we collaborate
within and across teams. We create a sense of unity and trust
by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity
in expertise, opinion and culture is valued.Sounds interesting? Apply! We can't wait to meet you!Hiring Manager: Geert Van den Haute
HRBP: Jelle Muylaert