Global Commodity Manager – Internal Combustion Engines (ICE), and KAM Deutz for Volvo Group
Who are we – Sourcing Global Commodity organization?
We are a passionate, diverse and engaged team responsible for supplier management, strategic sourcing, Commercials, Quality and Delivery on global Suppliers and technologies.
We manage Global Commodities for Volvo CE, such as Engines, Drivelines, Electronics and Connectivity systems, automation and software, Batteries, Electric Motors, alternative power sources, Under Carriage parts, Hydraulics Controls and Actuation, or Remanufacturing, Filters, Rims and Tyres also.
We are globally spread teams connecting with our suppliers and stakeholders constantly to bring value to our business and customers.
We are a team that works very cross functional and support each other. We are a team that values a lot ownership, independence of decision, value based leadership and business mindset. We work in a global set-up with colleagues from all regions and culture.
Our world is a world of change. Volvo Construction Equipment is leading the way towards developing a world that is cleaner, by developing new technologies and keeping a strong focus on our current business enabling succeeding in our future plans. Moving to fossil free alternatives is our goal.
In this context where ICE are considered as key enablers, we are looking for a Global Commodity Manager who will have the responsibility to define new sourcing strategies, establish new partnerships and at same time manage an existing global supplier base. With a strong appetite for New Technologies, this person will be a source of innovative technical solutions for New Developments and will coordinate an extended network of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sustainable POWER representative for ICE business in GTC
- Define Global Sourcing Strategies in the areas of ICE and H2 ICE.
- Source and on-board new suppliers in line with Volvo CE New Product Development Plans, and be responsible for supplier selection process (inputs gathering and stakeholders’ alignment)
- Perform Market survey/Business Intelligence to maintain a good knowledge of potential evolutions within the scope (new players, M&As, new technologies, etc.)
- Strong involvement in Advanced Engineering and Early supplier integration
- Support Project execution in New Product Development phases
- Monitor overall QSCC Performance of suppliers under your responsibility and drive improvement actions when required
- Coordinate a cross-functional network (Engineers, SD, Buyers), ensure good communication and knowledge sharing, and be the Purchasing representative in Global Forums related to the scope
- Organize and drive annual Business Review Meetings with suppliers’ top management
- Negotiate Framework, QDC and Development agreements
- Support Operations and Aftermarket according to escalation process, especially when it comes to components allocation and obsolescence with a risk of supply disruption
This includes the ownership to manage the quality, delivery and commercial performance between the Volvo entities (Mainly VCE, Penta and Truck AFM) and Deutz. You are in charge to coordinate Work streams (Commercial, Product Planning, Quality, Logistic ) in order to develop a consolidated view of entire Deutz business with Volvo and by this create stronger focus and leverage on the business relationship. Could it be you?
Who are you?
We don’t know yet. But if our entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, accountability, and an innovative and customer-focused mindset light your inner fire, you might be the next player in our great team!
You have great cooperative and communication skills as you are dealing with multiple contacts both outside and inside of your organization. You have the ability to lead and are not afraid of taking on responsibility and standing up for yourself. You are used to working in a multinational and multicultural environment. You have a strategic mindset and as a person, you are target oriented and believe there is always room for improvements. You are well organized and structured and love taking on complex tasks, and you have a good understanding of Global Sourcing Process.
You have a University degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or similar with 10+ years’ experience in purchasing area in relevant industry. You have a high degree of technical knowledge and ideally a working experience dealing with Engines and related components. You have strong negotiating skills and are fluent in English verbal and written communication.
Are we the perfect match?
Are you ready for the challenge? Are you passionate by new technologies and the development of future solutions for the construction equipment industry? Then you could be exactly what we are looking for. Apply today and join us on our journey!
Any questions? Or curious to hear more about this opportunity? Call me!
Nicolas Cantier, Head of Global Commodity - Sustainable POWER– Volvo CE Purchasing, +33 6 83 84 79 32.
Trade Union contacts:
Kicki Höller, Unionen
Patrik Sandberg, Akademikerna
Pasi Järvelä, Ledarna
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.