Senior System Design Engineer
Join Powertrain Engineering as a leader in the exciting journey to develop the future Volvo group Powertrains.
This is us, your new colleagues at Powertrain Engineering (PE)
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Advanced conventional combustion Engines still represents a majority of our Product base, however the share of e-mobility solutions is steadily increasing.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
E&E team within Powertrain Engineering BLR is responsible for delivering Powertrain Electronic components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group Trucks Technology.
System Engineering provides a strong technical leadership for Powertrain Architecture, Requirements Management, Communication with Vehicle and diagnostics strategies. These strategies are then detailed in system specifications which are supporting our platform objectives.
The Senior System Design Engineer, within Electrical & Electronics team develops the Powertrain System right from the concept stage. This role is to ensure that necessary system activities are defined and performed within each assignment to secure the delivery and maintainability of a consistent and fully functional EE system.
The Senior System Engineer covers the project from Quotation phase till Maintenance.
- Responsible to work as a lead for the system activities for various projects with different complexities responsible for QDCF
- Need to plan & follow-up deliveries from E&E team and cross-functionally (operations, aftermarket etc.) to secure all deliveries both local and global
- Building global relationships and networking to ensure good status of work and timely reporting
- Be able to lead project estimations by thorough technical evaluation and impact analysis thereby creating a complete evaluation in terms of Quality, Timelines, Costs and Feature/Scope.
- Understand the different architectures, roadmaps and HW & SW components involved in the E&E systems, functions to be able to decide technical impacts in scope of assignment
- Good network within Global PE organization will be an asset
- Ensuring that system development is performed according to defined system development processes and methods and drive the same within the team
- Plan and monitor all system activities and deliverables in each assignment from the global system organization.
- To identify necessary system activities and deliverables
- To do resource estimations for identified activities and to communicate these to PME / assignment leader after anchoring with line managers within the global system organization
- Planning & Prioritization of activities and deliverables within project/product scope
- Regularly follow-up progress, problems, and open issues within the assignment and ensure that these are handled and communicated
- To escalate issues that need support/assistance from the line or project management
- Risk management of system activities within each assignment. This responsibility includes;
- Plan & Track the use of quality methods and tools in projects, by appropriate identification of issues, RCA, FMEA etc.
- To continuously work with identifying risks within the scope of the assignment
- To analyze identified risks and ensure that necessary actions are taken to minimize the probability of risks to occur and/or reduce the consequence of them
- To clearly and proactively communicate risks to stakeholders
- Ensure timely and proper communication within the system team (if applicable) and with stakeholders.
- Securing the interface using Agile methodologies actively seeking JIRA usage.
- Secure that pre-study/concept reports and project technical reports are written, reviewed and released.
- Drive the distribution of technical requirements to the other parts of the organization.
- Secure that the documents are reviewed and released according to defined routines.
- Check if a new EE system baseline is required to be released as a result of the system development within the assignment.
- Escalate activities that are not being developed according to approved methods or is too risky and will jeopardize the QDCF of the assignment
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering
- Experience:6 to 7 yrs
- Good experience in Automotive embedded control systems area
- Expert knowledge in Systems engineering
- Truck Application Knowledge
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile way of working. Leading SAFe certified would be added advantage
- Knowledge in Functional development & troubleshooting
- Knowledge within relevant processes and tools.
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Leadership skills and should be able to drive others.
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross-functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed to learn
Reports to Group Manager Electrical & Electronics in Bangalore
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.