As a client trainer, your main role will be to instill knowledge in our customers of the operation and function of our product line and bus subsystems. You will be instructing mechanics with varied experience on our product system integration. You will be modifying and developing training courses to meet specific client needs. A Nova Bus Client Technical Trainer’s goal is to provide a valued, interactive learning experience.
- Provide on-site training to mechanics on bus systems operation, service, troubleshooting and repair.
- Provide on-site familiarization to bus operators on bus functions.
- Develop training and eLearning material on specific electrical and mechanical systems.
- Manage the know-how of specific bus systems.
- Assist all other departments with technical instructions.
- Assist Service Representatives with warranty troubleshooting and repair.
- Support the simulator manufacturing used with training
- College/vocational diploma in electrical, electrical technology, electromechanical or equivalent (successful completion of selection tests) preferred; in lieu of a college diploma, we will consider substantial relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems
- Solid understanding of mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics and technical instructions relating to products and services
- Ability to dispense effective group training activities using demonstrations and exercises
- Ability to present clearly on a given topic
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Independence and resourcefulness
- Skills in troubleshooting electrical, mechanical systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Travel required approximately 60% of the time (Monday through Friday), including outside of the U.S. Passport required.
- CDL driver’s licence preferred.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.