At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Are ready for a meaningful challenge, have a passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for our Material Advisor position. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
In this position the successful applicant will, plan, direct, and monitor all materials planning, inventory control, storage, shipping, and receiving activities. You will be responsible for developing and implementing materials handling procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending and achieve volume, timeliness, reliability, and safety standards. Oversee the maintenance of inventory control systems that track the status of purchase orders, inventory levels, and production requirements. Interpret inventory requests, production schedules, orders, and other documents. Liaise with functional or operational area managers. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professional material handlers.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Plan, direct, and monitor all materials planning, inventory control, storage, shipping, and receiving activities so that the organization has access to the inputs, materials, goods, and services it needs for its current and future operations
- Develop and implement materials handling procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending and achieve volume, timeliness, reliability, and safety standards
- Oversee the maintenance of inventory control systems that track the status of purchase orders, inventory levels, and production requirements
- Interpret inventory requests, production schedules, orders, and other documents to coordinate materials handling activities with the organization's current and anticipated demand for goods and materials
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers (e.g., in sales, production, or engineering) so the supply of materials meets their current and future needs
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professionals so the organization has access to the materials and inputs it needs to operate, and so all materials and goods are handled, stored and distributed safely, cost-effectively, and on-time
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three to seven years of related field experience
- Supervisory experience in Inventory Control and Materials Management
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write procedures, routine reports, and correspondence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, time management, planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Problem solver with the ability to think creatively and critically
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.