The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Quality and Engineering department through: developing, implementing, maintaining & improving quality assurance activities throughout the project & product life cycle.
- Intern will work directly with Product and Project Quality staff and manufacturing plants personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small scale projects like: product projects, continuous improvement projects, etc.
- Develop, improve and implement quality methods & tools.
- Monitor and review weekly data based on Manufacturing and Field Quality reports.
- Support Quality and Engineering Organization with necessary statistical analysis tools.
- Performs Quality Engineering tasks using established procedures.
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment.
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment.
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments.
- Miscellaneous Quality & Manufacturing Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Please refer to the Critical Competencies Dictionary for the standard competencies applicable to all positions within Volvo Group North America.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering/technology field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required to work up to 30 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.