The Volvo Group is a leading, global provider of transport solutions, including trucks, busses, marine engines and construction equipment, having an important campus in Gent, Belgium, where its largest truck plant and its largest spare parts central warehouse are located.
The spare parts supply chain, operated by the Volvo division "Service Market Logistics" (SML), is a critical service for the Volvo Groups' premium brands. The central warehouse in Gent serves the EMEA-markets and delivers also spare parts to other central warehouses in the rest of the world.
We are now looking for a Senior Solution Architect to contribute to orchestrating, developing and maintaining the applications for the Gent warehouse, the "Central Delivery Center Gent" (CDC Gent).
This is us, your new colleagues
You will be part of Group IT, the global division that is responsible for the IT-deliveries to the Volvo Group; Group IT Belgium counts around 110 employees and 30 consultants.
You will strengthen the team in Gent that works for SML CDC Gent. This team of around 10 people, with different roles and responsibilities, is part of the global team "Solution Center SML, Supply Central" with members in Belgium, Sweden and India. "Solution Center SML" belongs to "Solution Unit Manufacturing and Logistics", the global department of Group IT that supports the Volvo factories and warehouses.
Do you just love to…
- Design IT-solutions for a demanding logistics organisation, with a micro-services architecture and a strong focus on using API's to integrate with the backbone systems
- Develop the solution in .NET (Blazor, Xamarin, .NET Core and soon .NET MAUI) and deploying it in a containerized CI/CD environment (Openshift on Azure and/or in a private cloud)
- Work in an agile way in a DevSecOps environment
- Develop IoT-applications, using LORA-devices, PLCs, ThingWorx etc
- Work with various warehouse-technologies (scanners, industrial tablets, Voice Directed Picking, RFID...) and integrate purchased and in-house developed solutions in the application-portfolio for the warehouse
- Take your responsibility as a team member to keep the applications up and running
Are you the one?
- Having a master degree in IT (or equivalent through experience) and a few years of practice in designing and developing IT-solutions· Analyse and documenting requirements
- Willing to take the role of scrum-master (if you don't have enough experience, we will teach you and give you learning opportunities)
- Able to act as lead developer
- Preferably having experience with an agile way of working
- Eager to learn about secure IT set up and bringing that learning into practice
- You like to see the solution that you designed and built at work and you like to get the opportunity to extend and improve it over time
You are a teamplayer, you want to be a member of a local team and part of a professional large IT-organisation; you are comfortable with working locally and globally.
You are fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
You like the collaboration with business-colleagues (business analysts, teamleaders in the warehouse...).
You like to learn technologies and methods that you don't know yet, taking the learning opportunities that our company provides.
You like to propose and implement improvements in the way you and your team deliver IT-services.
Let’s do this!
Are you ready to play a key role in the success of the digital transformation journey in the Volvo Goup?
We look forward to your application!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.