The mission for a Project Manager within Vehicle Engineering (VE PM / PME) is to deliver cross-functionally anchored technical solutions (hardware, software or both) meeting product QDCF defined by the project management team led by the Chief Project Manager (CPM)
The technical solutions should also be in line with approved commodity level cross-functional technology strategies and platform objectives.
An VE PM is responsible, from project initiation (PCI decision) to project closure (End Gate), for the following main deliveries, in line with agreed QDCF:
- Cross-functionally anchored technical solutions
- Agile and SAfe large scale development way of working management
- Engineering releases and other product documentation
- Parts to vehicle builds and test objects
- Technical description and, if the VE PM is leading a PMR in an Intro Block (IB), also the Project Description
- Project time plan, level 3, covering all activities needed to ensure cross-functionally anchored technical solutions fully verified and validated. If the VE PM is leading a PMR in an IB also the level 1 time plan
- Project cost estimate including internal and external development cost as well as tooling related to developed parts (in co-operation with purchasing). If the VE PM is leading a PMR in an IB, the Aftermarket and Global Trucks Operation costs should also be included
- Product cost estimate (in co-operation with product finance and purchasing)
- Secure that cross-functional networks are established at the operational level (engineers, buyers, suppliers, manufacturing and aftermarket engineers)
- Follow GDP, GDIs
- Report full QDCF status in project dimension as well as to concerned line management when needed
- Secure needed resources with concerned line managers in early project phases
- Lead, plan, prioritize and coordinate the activities of all resources working in the project within the project scope managed by the VE PM. This includes also SIPD work until Concept Gate
- Anchor technical solutions with responsible line management and Global Technology Managers (GTMs) to secure adherence to cross-functional technology strategies and platform objectives. In platform projects, this is valid until Concept Gate, after CG this responsibility is delegated to Sub System PM or will be continued by VE PM based on scope.
- Request QDCF targets from project manager one level above
- Distribute QDCF targets to project manager one level below or responsible engineer
- Proactive risk management
- Secure that complete packaging studies, patent analysis, certification/ homologation analysis, quality tools, environmental tools are performed
- Together with Complete Vehicle team and internally VE identify and carry-out needed verification activities on complete system level
An VE PM has the following authorities:
- Recommend on alternative technical solutions when within total product QDCF and when adhering to cross-functional technology strategies (decision is taken by the applicable Steering Committee)
- Request problem resolution and resources from line managers to carry out project deliveries. Escalate if needed
- Prioritize activities for all resources assigned to the project scope managed by the VE PM until Concept Gate
- Agree on project prioritization together with Product Release Project Manager (PR PM) after handover at Concept Gate. Only applicable in certain platform setup like TEA2+.
- Needed competences to deliver process output:
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- PMP® certification is desired
- Agile & SAFe certification
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years experience in cross functional project management and another 5 to 7 years experience in automotive product development
- Strong networking abilities and communication skills adept in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrating right Leadership and Behavior with rest of the team.
- Complete Vehicle knowledge, commodity knowledge is an advantage.
- Good design & analysis knowledge to perform the design reviews to the team.
- Self-driven and initiative
- Extending the involvement in other organizational activities like, Innovation Drive, Technical Design and development, Platform coordination, etc
- Supporting Line managers with future strategic, Team competency feedback, Components roadmap inputs/ feedbacks, Customer feedback, etc
- High customer and business focus
- Good knowledge in Quality Management Systems (QMS), DFMEA, Project Assurance Plan and other Quality tools
- A combination of personal characteristics, practical experience and theoretical knowledge decides complexity and size of project scope that PM handles.
This role is reporting to Line/Project Organization:
- VE PM reports to the PMO Manager in the line dimension.
- VE PM reports to CPM or IB CPM depending on project
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.