Is product development management your expertise area? Do you like working together with others while managing, prioritizing and developing a high-tech portfolio? If that is what you enjoy, and you have an ability to inspire and engage in combination with great communication and problem-solving skills – this might be the perfect position for you.
What we offer and who we are
The Vehicle Motion and Energy Management (VMEM) stream is a newly formed department within Vehicle Engineering at Volvo Group Trucks Technology. We lead and develop complete vehicle motion, energy and thermal control solutions for Safe, Sustainable and Efficient transportation.
We are a growing team of engineers with diverse backgrounds, expert skills and playful attitudes.
We are curious and inquisitive about the world around us and we believe in bringing out the best in every person and harnessing the true power of people.
Now we can offer you the opportunity to join our team!
Your responsibilities as Portfolio Manager VMEM:
The Portfolio manager VMEM drives high quality, effective product change portfolio management within the VMEM product stream. Central is the governance of the product Backlog in the VMEM Technology Committee.
- Breaking down high-level business needs and descriptions into Epics together with other Business Owners, Stakeholders, Product Managers and Product Owners to a level where it can be further prioritized and distributed to agile teams and ARTs.
- Plan, perform and support in analysis regarding feasibility, desirability and viability of business needs (Epics).
- Make trade-offs and prioritizations in the backlog in order deliver value to customers as fast as possible while still building on and further developing CAST.
- Visualize prioritized backlogs and synchronize between internal and external stakeholders safeguarding dependencies with other teams, ARTs and organizations.
- Manage portfolio governance structure to ensure successful portfolio execution, including preparation for and facilitation of weekly progress reviews and decisions meetings.
- Manage Stream and sub-stream Technology Committee communication to ensure all XF participants have the latest information & clear action plans.
- Budget and roadmap responsibility for the VMEM Stream.
- You are a core member of the VMEM Leadership Team.
As we don’t know you yet, we might not have everything right about who you are. What we do know though, is that it is important for the position to have strong communication skills, ability to explain and discuss complex problems in order to break them down into solvable missions, as this is what the job often is about.
In our team, we see each other as team-players with integrity and high level of accountability. We believe it is important that you share this mindset with us in order to enjoy this position. We also think you should have the ability to create and boost engagement, inclusion and motivation when working with others. As you will work cross-functionally with many interactions both within and outside of Volvo Group on different levels within the organizations, we believe you should be capable of building good relations in collaboration with both internal and external parties.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Extensive Product Development Management experience
- Strategy development experience
- Experience of agile methods, such as SAFE, SCRUM and KANBAN
- Line Management or Project Management experience is considered a merit
- Knowledgeable in the technology in VMEM area
- Understanding customer needs and how the project results will be used and managed by the receiving organization and/or end customers
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
Are you ready to join our growing department and develop together with us? Please send your application as soon as possible, we can’t wait to get to know you better and will read applications continuously.
Curious to learn more about the position? Do you have questions? Contact me:
Andreas Sundqvist, Vice President Vehicle Motion & Energy Management, +46 73 9021111
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.