Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Then Remote Solutions is the place to be! Our team is developing the next generation of Remote Diagnostic Platform, which is a key enabler for reinventing our digital experience in the Volvo Aftermarket world.
This is us, your new colleagues
Remote Solutions is an IT Unit supporting Volvo Trucks Aftermarket. Aftermarket services are critical to ensure a premium customer experience and guarantee long-term customer loyalty.
We are a global cross-functional team with members in Sweden, Brazil and India focusing on Remote Solutions.
The team is supporting our Volvo Group stakeholders to build the best IT solution for Remote services and you will be a key player.
You will be part of an IT team of dedicated colleagues, developing and operating Remote Solutions, which enables remote updates of software in Volvo Group products.
Who are you?
You are a team player with a positive mindset, and you are curious to further take on the various challenges of Java development. You are an experienced Java Application Developer with at least a couple years of experience in the role. You have the ambition and passion to master and excel in this area. We believe continuous improvement is in your nature, you love quality, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work. You are a believer in collaboration and interaction between teams and roles.
Your main activities and responsibilities
- You will dive deep into one or more of our tools to understand and translate requirements into actionable features
- You will work agile
- You will work with backend and frontend applications
- You will design and develop cross-platform services
- You will collaborate with the other developers and the business analysts to improve our applications
- You will collaborate with the other developers/architects to perform troubleshooting and handle all level of incidents
- You will stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- SonarQube or similar code coverage tools (nice to have)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Java 8
- Application Servers (Websphere and JBoss)
- Build Tooling (Maven)
- Java EE Specifications (JSF, JPA, JAX-RS, JMS, GIM etc)
- IBM MQ (nice to have)
- Red Hat OpenShift (nice to have)
- Microsoft Azure (nice to have)
- MongoDB (nice to have)
- Docker (nice to have)
- Skilled in JSON, CSS (nice to have)
- Skilled in Polymer/Web Component techniques (nice to have)
- Skilled in React (nice to have)
- Project in Github opened for evaluation
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Sciences in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written
You will get an opportunity to work with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside Volvo Group IT, delivering innovative services in line with the Volvo Group Strategy.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality etc.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information please contact:
The Hiring Manager - Halmenschlager Juliano
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.