Plan, direct, and monitor all supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of merchandise from suppliers to customers. Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organization's supply chain. Develop and implement schedules and procedures. Allocate resources. Liaise with functional and operational area managers to ensure supply activities are integrated with other parts of the business. Select and manage ongoing relationships with major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop staff. Requires a Bachelor's Degree and five to seven years of experience.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
• Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
• Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product cost and quality.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
• Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, and quality assurance.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
• Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
• Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
• Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
• Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material and production flow.
• Analyze information about supplier performance and procurement program success.
• Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments and consolidating warehousing and distribution.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
• Develop and implement procedures or systems to evaluate and select suppliers.
• Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, and system flows.
• Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
• Assess appropriate material-handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
• Design and implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
• Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
• Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Qualifications, Educational Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in Business Administration preferred.
• 5 to 7 years of experience.
• In-depth supply chain knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Problem solver with the ability to think creatively and critically.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, time management, planning, organization, analytical, designing, and negotiation skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
• Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
• No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.