Would you like to be part of a strong engineering team that is engaged in the development of future transportation solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced solutions for Mack and Volvo trucks excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
The Brake Systems and Vehicle Controls (BSVC) group is responsible for developing strategy, supporting Advance Engineering and implementing systems related to braking, stability control and air supply systems. The Pneumatic Installation Team inside the BSVC group is responsible for packaging braking systems components (such as air tanks, valves, ECU’s), Routing of Pneumatic and electrical harnesses. Collaborating with Testing teams, Suppliers and Manufacturing for validating and industrializing the designed components.
What You Will be Doing
As the Senior Engineer, Pneumatic Installation & Routing you will have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art research and development environment dedicated to providing quality transportation products to the North American market. Highlights of this position include the building of models, running Design of Experiments, collecting real-world data to calibrate, validate, and presentation of results.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing MAA (Mock-up Assembly Agreement) lists to virtually review routing and clipping solutions within major projects.
- Reviewing media routing designs in CAD.
- Managing and tracking routing issues
- Facilitating discussions with cross-functional teams to reach agreement for routing solutions that are buildable, repairable, repeatable
- Providing technical feedback from virtual review and observations from physical mock-ups to help responsible engineers improve designs
- Performing simple physical mock-up for direct input to engineers and providing instructions to technicians for setting up physical mock-ups
- Coordinating with Product Build teams for physical mock-up support and procurement of resources.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree is a plus,
- 5-8 Years of Experience in the relevant field
- Basic understanding of vehicle systems involving fluid routing media, (i.e. Fuel, Coolant, Pneumatics, electrical harnesses, etc.)
- CAD: CREO, AVP, GWYN
- Rapid prototyping with sheet metal, 3D printing
- Basic understanding of commercial truck maintenance, or assembly processes
- Very hands-on
- Creative alternate solutions, Thinking outside the box
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Ready to shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.