We are recruiting within our Carlisle site for a Workshop Controller/Supervisor.
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Excellent benefits
As a key member of the dealer management team, the Workshop Controller/Supervisors core role is to proactively manage the GVS process from “planning, through On Arrival” to “Invoice / Claim” closure. You will be ensuring that CSR’s are working in line with the standard OTI process. Ensuring that service and repair work is completed to time and quality standards and all invoice / claim documents are complete and accurate. Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that workshop profitability is optimised. You will be directly responsible for supervising a shift of staff, ensuring that vehicle repairs are carried out to the highest possible standard. Your role will be to ensure the team carry out repairs in a timely manner, following proper processes. You will be delegating jobs, acting as a point of contact for issues/concerns on jobs, organising extra cover for shifts when needed, ensuring H&S guidelines are adhered to, signing off e-services ensuring all work is documented, challenging Technicians when required to maintain high performance and standards of conduct, and carrying out other meetings with Technicians such as return to work meetings after sickness.
- Provide focussed management to the service department team, to ensure Genuine Volvo Service process steps are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out regular process reviews with your Dealerpoint Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify.
- Manage the performance of the service department to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
- Manage and plan workshop / support resources to ensure that OTI process requirements can be fulfilled on each shift.
- Manage hand over of complex or potentially contentious jobs (invoices, claims) to ensure full buy-in and agreement from customer (Retail or Internal.)
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To ensure that you and your team are following the Genuine Volvo Service Process Maps
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets (VST times) per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets (VST times) and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets (VST times)
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Specify repair solutions to facilitate the production of quotes / works orders using chassis-specific IMPACT job content / packages (VST / parts)
- Specify repair solutions for defects / minor defects found during service or other planned work
- Ensure Volvo time recording procedures are complied with including correct use of X codes as per productivity policy
- Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
- Check that all work is supported by formal customer authorisation prior to starting
- Ensure the shift team work to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Be responsible for the Workshop environment, Volvo Special tools & equipment used during the shift & report any deficiencies.
- Significant experience of working as a technician within the motor vehicle industry
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators License Laws and Regulations
Volvo Knowledge (acquired through training)
- Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
- The application of Volvo Standard Times
- Knowledge of workshop KPI’s
- An in-depth understanding of the Genuine Volvo Service Process stages relevant to the role
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
- Volvo technical product knowledge
- The Volvo Total Offer Wheel and the products contained within it
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome
- To be able to understand & analyse technical issues & propose appropriate solutions
- To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Values and Attitudes
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- To be customer focussed
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities.
- To be able to remain level headed in a fast paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to managing workshop
- Team Orientated
What’s in it for you:
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family
- Discounts on High St Retailers, travel, cinema, gyms and many more
When you join Volvo, you’ll be assigned a training path, enabling you to work through a number of courses both online and in person to develop your skills and support you in your new role.
With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.