Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
As the Supplier Quality & Development Engineer, Launch Readiness you drive performance from a Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCF-TSR) standpoint. You will represent and lead all Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) activities during all build events. You will demonstrate strong organizational skills and are expected to be the “voice of reason for SQ&D” in cross-functional project meetings. You will help drive the zero-tolerance attitude for supplier part quality and quantity during all launch build events.
You can be based out of the Greensboro NC, Hagerstown MD, Allentown PA, Dublin VA, or Roanoke VA areas, and will report to the Supplier Quality & Development Plant Launch Readiness Manager.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Work with all internal stakeholders, Project Management colleagues, and Operations Teams to execute a winning product launch for the SQ&D organization
- Maintain and communicate product launch plans and track the deliverables, milestones, risks, and dependencies from the cross functional launch team
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, and provide escalation/communication to management throughout all product launch build events
- Be an SQ&D advocate for all SQ&D colleagues throughout the project planning and execution cycle to ensure they have the support needed in order to succeed
- Organize and oversee the build events throughout Operations
- Consistently communicate feedback from project and plant activities to the appropriate SQ&D colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders
- Escalate issues immediately using approved escalation guidelines
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct, and the Volvo Values
- 5 or more years of production/manufacturing engineering experience, preferably from the automotive industry
- Experience within supplier quality, APQP implementation is preferred
- Strong communication, cross-functional collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and project manage in a fast-paced environment
- University degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business is preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Vast career advancement opportunities
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.