Who we are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions (VAS) is a new entity within the Volvo Group with the mission to offer transport and material handling solutions never seen before. Currently there are about 200 people within VAS. The majority of the team is located in Gothenburg Sweden, with a mixture of technical and commercial expertise. The Greensboro based technical team is beginning a growth period needed to allow us to support our US objectives. We are also leveraging the expertise of a select few world class external technology partnerships, to accelerate the work towards successful product developments. Together we will continue to form a team that is stronger than the sum of its parts and is ready to tackle the big challenges we have ahead of us. The Hub to Hub highway segment is one of Volvo Autonomous Solutions top prioritized segments. The current mission of the US based team is to lead the development of the newest automated truck solutions for this Hub to Hub application. This role will play a fundamental part in the future growth of our team and our ability to meet the challenges of the North American Hub to Hub market segment.
Our offer to you
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What you will be doing
As Senior Systems Design Engineer within the Volvo Autonomous Solutions team, you will be a key contributor to the activities related to the development of the electronic systems within our Hub to Hub autonomous vehicle projects. You will work in a global, cross functional, cross organizational team within Volvo and will have active involvement with world class technology partners, all with the objective to develop and deliver the Volvo Hub to Hub Autonomous Driving Truck.
You will be responsible for:
- You will be actively involved with the solution development activities in complex vehicle automation projects, review design solutions and secure approvals from the relevant internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory forums.
- An integral part of the job is to contribute to the development of cross functional specifications and communications with stakeholders and developers. You will be involved with describing the solutions and elaborating how they will affect the vehicles systems You will be actively involved with proposing system design concepts, electrical schematics and diagrams for vehicle functions related to area of responsibility.
- You will work with stakeholders from various technology teams, component owners, internal and external solution providers, and product management to identify design concepts that will best meet our customer’s needs.
- Support with diagnostics and analysis to troubleshoot and analyze vehicle networks. By utilizing tools to perform complex, on vehicle measurements and analysis to collect data necessary for development of new systems and provide input to analyze vehicle functions to determine the best course of action required to resolving actual or potential problems.
What we are looking for
- BSEE/BSME minimum; MSEE/MSME Degree preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience
- Commercial vehicle or automotive product development, or similar industry experience
- Detailed knowledge about electronic hardware / software development
- Knowledge of different automotive or related industry communication protocols, standards and tools
- Knowledge of tools related to software development, diagnostics and production / aftermarket systems
- Good working knowledge of electronic components commonly used in vehicle automation systems, including cameras, radars, lidars, etc.
- Experience working in an environment of global / local organization with cross functional interaction
- Experience in Agile way of working and SAFe, as well as good understanding of project operations
- Commercial vehicle or Automotive experience, Embedded Systems, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, AUTOSAR, Systems Engineering
- A team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
- You love to understand how things work and dedicate yourself to proposing the best system solutions to fulfill customer needs.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions constitute a new business area as of January 1, 2020, entering new and exciting territories for Volvo Group. We accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. The combination of strong tech expertise and skilled customer solutions creates innovative transport offers never seen before. We are constantly pushing our own skills and ability to drive change in a traditional industry to meet a growing customer demand. We are now looking for innovative, committed individuals to join us in our endeavor to create customer solutions that enhance safety, flexibility and productivity.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.