Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS)
Group Digitial & IT – Infrastructure and Onsite Services is a global unit consisting of approximately 1200 employees and consultants in most of the Volvo Group’s locations. The mission of the IOS unit is to ensure that Volvo businesses are provided with the right end-user tools and services at agreed quality and to an optimal cost. At factories, warehouses and small sites IOS also facilitates infrastructure demand liaison and delivery execution for IT services through local presence and in partnership with global providers.Onsite Americas
Onsite Americas is a regional function consisting of more than 100 employees and consultants in all of the Americas. This function is responsible for onsite deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other IOS/Solution Delivery Unit functions.
The Support Specialist IT Infrastructure provides onsite business solution infrastructure support and end-user support for the Byhalia, MS Central Distribution Center facility and remote support for the six North America Regional Distribution Center facilities. This position is located in Byhalia, MS and is a part of the IT Onsite Byhalia, MS team, within the Infrastructure and Onsite Support (IOS) unit of Volvo’s Group IT unit.
The Support Specialist IT Infrastructure role is the local representation of Group IT for a specific business production environment. In this role it is critical to work together with regional and global colleagues to deliver new and upgraded infrastructure for business solutions and the end-user IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to, hosting platforms (typically x86), Windows OS, LAN (wired and wireless), Windows enterprise client solutions for office and factory, personal mobility, and some specialized devices. These technologies are highly standardized in Group IT business practice and much of the work is conducted according to standard processes and methodologies. Most server and network hardware are configured according to Standard Operating Environment (SOE) specifications, common throughout Volvo’s global network.
Technicians are assigned support tasks via ticketing system and are expected to understand and prioritize responses. In addition to break/fix activities, technicians are also expected to drive continuous improvements to IT services impacting assembly operations using our internal Volvo Production Systems (VPS) methodologies.
This position performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in efforts to support local end-users, remote end-users, and production lines. Additionally, this position utilizes global processes to achieve the end results. The IOS Onsite goal is to achieve total end-user satisfaction for technical issues by possessing exceptional customer service skills, willingness to travel & work overtime, and most importantly work as a team.
This role will require occasional weekend and afterhours support.Core Responsibilities
- Deliver and Support infrastructure solutions required by the business and according to Group IT service and product standards
- Become a well-rounded member of the onsite IT team by being able to perform multiple functions within the group providing 1st and 2nd level support functions.
- Perform delivery and support work according to standard methods and processes
- Execute time critical support of industrial IT solutions
- Collaborate with global support technicians in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure and end-user problems, in addition to using all available resources such as personal skills, vendor documentation, and online knowledge bases
- Use delegated authority from global operations teams to manage local infrastructure solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony and convergences of technology as related to voice and data communications.
- Provide constant communication/feedback to end-users to understand their requirements and setting the appropriate expectations.
- Install and configure Client systems (Hardware, software, applications, communications, printers, and peripherals)
- Have good understanding of LAN connectivity (wired and wireless) in support of existing infrastructure and multiple sites, locally and remote
- Assist PC Users in utilizing PC applications for office & factory automation and to solve business problems.
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled upgrades to machines in order to maintain a safe & secure network due to O/S vulnerabilities and virus outbreaks.
- Image & configure new and existing machines to end-user expectations.
- Deploy new machines to end-users by transporting equipment via mobile cart in which lifting up to 50 lbs. is involved.
- Ability to produce documentation for Knowledgebase solutions
- Participate in global projects that have impact on the local business, as needed
- Tickets are assigned to Onsite Technicians; prioritization is always towards IT issues on the warehouse floor.
- Continuous improvements are a focus of the team. We use Kaizen’s to drive those improvements.
- Working environment provided at Volvo facility
- A work area with a personal computer (standard office) and working space
- Other duties as assigned by Onsite Manager
- Is dedicated to deliver customer value
- Has ability to build effective relationships
- Has very strong communication skills
- Work patiently with end users who are frustrated and need issues to be resolved quickly or helpful guidance with using the solutions
- Is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Pursues tasks with energy, drives and has a need to finish
- Broad IT background
- Has fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Moving of printers and computers up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on, around, and under furniture within the office
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.Experience Required
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience in a Help Desk and support environment.
- 5 years of IT experience preferred.
- ITIL 4, MOS, DCSE, A+ and Network+ (IOS) certifications in at least two of these areas is strongly encouraged.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.