Want to join our journey towards excellence?
This is us, your new colleagues. The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo GTO, Powertrain Production Hagerstown now has a vacant Maintenance Mechanic positions available.
We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary/revolutionary problem solving - all in order to reach our vision!
About the Position
The candidate will be responsible for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment and machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, the duties listed below.
Main Activities and Responsibilities for These Roles:
- Interested, engaged and committed to leadership, teamwork and people development in order to lead the business towards set goals
- Lead through a communicative leadership style in order to build trust and create employee engagement
- Promote and create a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to think strategically and holistically in order to make decisions for what is best for the function and the facility
- Install mechanical systems and physical support structures, for newly installed machinery and equipment including robotics, assembly stations, conveyance systems, and machining centers, including the correct leveling of machinery
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative, and proactive, maintenance on, but not limited to, robotics, assembly stations, conveyance systems, machining centers, logistics equipment, racking systems
- Diagnose and repair components on CNC/NC machining center equipment
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning facility equipment including HVAC, fans, dust collectors, and plumbing systems. Replace broken or damaged components as needed
- Work with other members within the maintenance team and production department to troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery and equipment
- Replace faulty, or failing, machine equipment including, but not limited to, motors, gearboxes, cylinders, positioning devices, and mechanical controls
- Manipulate automated equipment via HMI, remote control, teach pendant and other control devices for the purpose of troubleshooting purposes and repair/service verification
- Assist in the planning and installation of building equipment and components
- Basic build out and manufacture of assembly line racking, tables, fixtures, carts, etc.
- Actively participate in root cause analysis interactions with other maintenance personnel, engineers, operators, and production leadership
- Technical Requirements
- Proficient working with welding processes
- Strong understanding and comprehension of mechanical schematics and prints
- Working knowledge of motors, gearboxes and other motion control devices
- Working knowledge of multi-axis robots and controllers such as ABB and Kuka
- Working knowledge of machine center trouble shooting such as Okuma and Liebher
- Working knowledge of Lap top computers and Microsoft office applications
Critical Competencies and Experience Required:
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP/SMP) and plant safety guidelines
- Must have knowledge of problem solving tools, such as root cause analysis, 5W1H and 5Whys
- Must be familiar with Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement processes
- Must be familiar with Kaizen processes
- Journeyman Card or 8 years of documented experience in a mechanical trade
Minimum Education Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical School /Post high school training preferred
- Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions