Volvo Action Service (VAS) at Volvo Trucks takes care of Volvo customers across Europe, in getting them back on the road, whenever they experience a breakdown of their vehicle. We follow up on the status of the breakdowns and negotiate solutions to logistic and technical problems. We strive for customer success, and take problem solving to the next level. Our offices are located in Gent (Belgium), Rugby (United Kingdom) and South Africa. The division in Gent is, by far, the largest, approximately 140 people work here, of which the majority in shifts. Our colleagues come from all over the world, and we offer a 24/7 customer support, for more than 16 different languages.
Technical Dealer Support (TDS) is the first line support department for our markets and dealers globally. With a strong focus on technical enquiries, remote diagnostics and connected services, we ensure that our customers are offered a premium service and are helped in time. Using the latest technologies, we guarantee the improvement of internal processes and stay up-to-date with our service deliveries. We nurture intrapreneurship and personal development, offering plenty opportunities to grow within the organization.
The Finance Business Partner is supporting Volvo Action Service (Gent, Rugby, South Africa) and the Technical Support team.
This is us, your new colleagues
With us, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people. We are in an exciting time come and create a new future together with us!
Do you just love to…
The Finance Business Partner provides commercial support and challenge to the business and plays a key role in Volvo Trucks achieving its plans and targets.
You will work with internal stakeholders as well as 3rd party suppliers to challenge and provide commercial analytical support to optimize profitability, drive commercial excellence and evaluate new business opportunities.
You will ensure that any cost control is managed & if necessary, justified.
You will report to the Director of Volvo Action Service Business and have a dotted line to the Director of Technical Dealer Support as well as being a member of their respective Management teams. The position is based in Ghent, Belgium.
- Provide a business partner service to nominated internal stakeholders including VAS & TDS Teams, SMRO and the respective Volvo Truck Sales Areas
- Provide effective commercial guidance and analysis support.
- Evaluate new business opportunities
- Carry out post implementation reviews to access the success of new or changed activities and/or services.
- Provide support to the wider finance functions and work as part of the solution to ensure financial processes and financial accounting are performed to a high standard.
- Set and support the financial reporting and business review process.
- Supporting the reporting requirements of implementing new projects, services and initiatives.
- Commercially evaluate Services activity, product options and pricing through the preparation of business cases. Use these evaluations to assist in driving improved profitability
- Planning, coordinating and managing the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes including the production and ownership of appropriate planning models to support these. Co-ordinating the delivery of the budget and forecasts in association with departmental colleagues and management throughout the organization to agreed timetables.
- Completion and ownership of accurate and controlled balance reconciliations
- Ensure completion of month end to deadlines and insightful reporting provided on performance
Are you the one?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and assertive candidate who enjoys working in a team within an international environment. You can manage stressful situations in a constructive way and can set limits when it is required. You communicate openly and effectively and have the ability to adapt to new and changing demands while seeking for improvements.
- Strong academic background
- Relevant Commercial Finance experience – partnering, planning, forecasting, modelling and analysis
- Confident Finance leader able to influence and guide
- Highly numerate with a passion for using financial tools and processes to assist in driving performance
- Skilled user of Excel & SAP
- Relevant financial qualifications (ACA/CIMA), fully qualified or near to qualified
- Strong communicator and ability to work cross functional with people of all levels
- Experience working in a global business desirable
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
A perfect match
Do you have a strong drive to develop and to get things done? Do you naturally work in a very inclusive way? Then you are a perfect match for us!
The position supports three sites and reports to the Director VAS. The set-up requires occasional travelling.
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Let’s do this!
For questions please contact us!
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
우리는 여러분을 알고 싶습니다.
볼보에서의 여정이 시작됩니다! 지원서를 제출하는 즉시 이메일 확인서가 발송됩니다. 이후에도 계정에 로그인하여 개인 프로필을 업데이트할 수 있습니다. 채용 팀에서 현업 관리자와 함께 여러분의 지원서를 검토할 것입니다. 서류전형 합격자에게 다음 단계에 대한 정보가 제공됩니다.