Do you love working with power electronics in vehicle applications? Does the opportunity to utilizes your technical skills to help build a new product platform that will transform the trucking industry excite you? Are you looking to work on a high performing, diverse team?
If so, we are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Components
to join our team in Greensboro, NC. Who We AreOur Team,
Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity is part of Vehicle Engineering for Volvo North America. We are a highly skilled and knowledgeable team with a customer focused mindset to deliver the highest quality products within the Conventional Range.
What You Will be Doing
- We are responsible for all engineering deliveries of the vehicle for our products
- We are accountable product owners who take full responsibility of the products we engineer
- We utilize Volvo Group’s global Common Architecture and Shared Technology system to maximize the output of our products
- We work together and support our regional value chain as well as our global development centers to deliver products on time with the right quality
As the Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Components you will develop, enhance, and improve vehicle-based electrical power-related hardware components. You will work in a growing and dynamic technology area with high visibility within the company as we transition past traditional 12VDC power system applications
You will be responsible for:
- Creating technical requirements for power component hardware and software to deliver the necessary functionality.
- Conducting detailed design reviews with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure correct component functionality and system integration.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews including FMEAs and risk assessments.
- Leading and managing suppliers to ensure components are delivered on time with the required features, cost, and quality.
- Acting as the technical owner for your components and leading cross-functional interactions within the company, both locally and globally.
- Leading root cause analysis and quality improvement activities related to power components by identifying root cause and corrective actions required.
- Assisting with development and design for improvement of components, systems, costs or assembly/manufacturing methods.
Who You Are
You are an experienced engineer with a broad technical know how in electrical or electronics components and systems. You have an innovative and creative mindset which allows you to inspire and challenge your peers. You also have a true “can-do” attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team and products. You have great people skills and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical or electronics developing components or systems, preferably in trucking or a related vehicle development industry
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Great work life balance
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong paid time off benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program