Who we are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions (VAS) is a new entity within the Volvo Group with the mission to offer transport and material handling solutions never seen before. Currently there are about 200 people within VAS. The majority of the team is located in Gothenburg Sweden, with a mixture of technical and commercial expertise. The Greensboro based technical team is beginning a growth period needed to allow us to support our US objectives. We are also leveraging the expertise of a select few world class external technology partnerships, to accelerate the work towards successful product developments. Together we will continue to form a team that is stronger than the sum of its parts and is ready to tackle the big challenges we have ahead of us. The Hub to Hub highway segment is one of Volvo Autonomous Solutions top prioritized segments. The current mission of the US based team is to lead the development of the newest automated truck solutions for this Hub to Hub application. This role will play a fundamental part in the future growth of our team and our ability to meet the challenges of the North American Hub to Hub market segment.
Our offer to you
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What you will be doing
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Electronics Hardware within V.A.S., you will work with the electronics and electro-mechanical components that make up an Autonomous Driving System used for H2H applications. You will work in a global, cross functional, cross organizational team within Volvo and will have active involvement with world class technology partners, all with the objective to develop and deliver the complex components within the Automated Driving System.
You will be responsible for:
- Working cross-functionally within the Volvo organization and with Technology Partners to assure the development and delivery of the components within an Automated Driving System that can operate properly in the harsh environment of a heavy-duty Volvo truck.
- Playing an active role in the development and documentation of requirement specifications for the Automated Driving System components.
- Leading development of the large set of complex components within the Automated Driving System, as well as supporting the evaluation and selection of new components.
- Working with counterparts within other Vehicle Integration Teams within Volvo to assure the Automation System components can be integrated properly into the vehicles systems.
- Working closely with Verification Engineering to secure that the delivered components meet the defined requirements.
- Working with Volvo Group Truck Operations organization to assure the Automation System components can be efficiently assembled into the vehicle.
- Collaborating with Volvo Aftermarket Technologies organization to assure that the Automation System can be properly supported in the aftermarket.
- Building prototype mock-ups to confirm proper orientation of components.
- Creating and releasing proper documentation of the Automation System components into Volvo product documentation systems.
What we are looking for
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience working with electronics and electro-mechanical components
- Experience in the heavy truck transportation industry, or a similar field, would be preferred
- Good working knowledge of electronic components commonly used in automation systems, including cameras, radars, lidars, etc.
- Experience with electrical / electronic troubleshooting
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions constitute a new business area as of January 1, 2020, entering new and exciting territories for Volvo Group. We accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. The combination of strong tech expertise and skilled customer solutions creates innovative transport offers never seen before. We are constantly pushing our own skills and ability to drive change in a traditional industry to meet a growing customer demand. We are now looking for innovative, committed individuals to join us in our endeavor to create customer solutions that enhance safety, flexibility and productivity.
We Participate in E-verify
우리는 여러분을 알고 싶습니다.
볼보에서의 여정이 시작됩니다! 지원서를 제출하는 즉시 이메일 확인서가 발송됩니다. 이후에도 계정에 로그인하여 개인 프로필을 업데이트할 수 있습니다. 채용 팀에서 현업 관리자와 함께 여러분의 지원서를 검토할 것입니다. 서류전형 합격자에게 다음 단계에 대한 정보가 제공됩니다.