At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
The home of Mack, UD and Volvo Trucks & Buses, Volvo Commercial Vehicles Newcastle have an opening for a trade-qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician to join their forward thinking workshop team at our dealership located in Beresfield. As a qualified diesel mechanic you will bring your extensive experience in servicing and repairing to work on our customer’s fleet of trucks and/or buses. Our workshop is dedicated to upholding Volvo Group's commitments to quality, safety and environment.
- Trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician (Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology) (or equivalent)
- Possess a current NSW Diesel Mechanic, Motor Vehicle Tradesperson Certificate (MVTC)
- Possess solid work experience as a heavy vehicle mechanic repairing and servicing heavy commercial vehicles
- Previous diagnostic investigation experience would be advantageous, however not essential
- Be a team player, open and honest who consistently delivers an exceptional customer service experience
- Hold a flexible approach to business commitments to work alternative shift operations as required
- Enjoy working with process and policy
- Possess a solid understanding of safe working practices in the workshop environment.
- Permanent, 38 hour working week fortnightly paid wages
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Discounts on offer from a large selection of retailers
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.