Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
The Supplier Quality Engineer performs quality assurance activities of purchased items within project phase with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specifications on a consistent basis. You are responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval, and will manage a portfolio of suppliers within the sheet metal segment. This position will report to the Head of Supplier Network Quality Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics, Powertrain, and EMOB, and will be based out of Greensboro NC.
What We Are Looking For
- Perform supplier auditing and quality assurance activities of purchased items within projects for sheet metal, with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specifications
- Be responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval, tracking and monitoring the entire APQP process along the way
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, including travel approximately 50-75%
- Participate and contribute during design and technical specification and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers and Volvo stakeholders
- Review tool design practices with suppliers, providing input as needed
- Lead review of Control Plan, securing product and process characteristics are included
- Promote best practices for automated process control, mistake proof, automatic inspection, and segregation of defective parts in production process
- 3 or more years of supplier quality assurance experience from the automotive industry
- Experience in APQP/PPAP
- Continuous improvement and zero-defect mentality
- Ability to create networks, collaborate, and lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related field is an advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!