Want to join our journey towards excellence?
VPS (VOLVO PRODUCTION SYSTEM) SPECIALIST,
CENTRAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
This is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!Want to learn more?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is an organization within Volvo Group Truck Operations (GTO). Our responsibilities are to design, manage, and optimize the supply chain of aftermarket parts for all Volvo Group brands. In North America we support Mack and Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta, and several Volvo Bus brands. The scope of SML includes transport of material to warehouses, inventory management, management of packaging, and dealer order fulfillment. We ensure that all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence utilizing Lean Thinking and Quality at Source.
We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region. The Byhalia CDC is a 1.2 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. We operate in two shifts, employing approximately 600 union employees.
Many growth opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team. We are actively working to establish teams which will take maximum advantage of the diversity in our differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality. Our DNA is built upon our Volvo Production System (Lean) and our Volvo Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance) are guiding us to continue to succeed in this industry.About the Position
The VPS Specialist purpose within the area is:
This position will sit in Byhalia, MS.Main activities and responsibilities for these roles
- To deploy Volvo Production System in CDC, Byhalia
- To train, coach the employees in lean transformation
- Continual improvement of the warehouse processes
Minimum Education and Experience
- Implement VPS in alignment with the DC North America roadmap
- Lead the development, implementation, and sustainability of VPS, by coaching, leading assessments, trainings, knowledge sharing events and utilizing best practices.
- Contribute to the “lean thinking” education of all the employees in warehouse
- Support measure & follow business KPI for VPS implementation progress
- Participate and contribute actively in the regional and global VPS networks
- Challenge the management and boost VPS best practices within the operation to accelerate efficiency and to reach continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Coach all employees in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Work independently to develop the strategy and way of working through VPS initiatives
- Support in achieving each functional KPI / PI’s by problems solving activities and through continuous improvement coaching
- Develop Value stream mapping with the functions and drive achieving future state
- Train the employees on a continuous basis on VPS tools and techniques
- Perform audit time to time to understand the level of VPS adherence and the culture development
- The ideal candidate for this position has a degree in Industrial Engineering, or similar field.
- At least Five (5) years of experience in change management (lean concepts, six sigma) with the ability to set targets.
- Has experience in a distribution and/or supply chain business within a union environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio experience is required.
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma concepts.
Market Logistics offers the opportunity to learn about, and impact, all our North American brands. In addition, we offer:
- Customer focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Standing alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shrink personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment. Have strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity.
- Peer relationship: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different approaches; works to develop strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off)
- 401k with matching