Are you a passionate leader with strong interest in developing solutions for diesel vehicles, battery-electric and autonomous trucks in a fast-changing transport industry?
If so, here’s a great opportunity coming your way!
Volvo Group North America is seeking a Section Manager to lead our Wiring & Installation Functions in Greensboro, NC. Who We Are
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department in Greensboro develops, integrates and verifies solutions for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks. We lead the engineering work and have the full product ownership of our electrical architecture and systems solutions on our vehicles. We manage driver electronics and infotainment, vehicle electronics and safety, power management and wiring from concept to industrialization. We develop new solutions and maintain these in close cooperation with technology teams and our suppliers in a truly global environment.
We are on an exciting journey, and we are growing significantly. To meet our challenges, we are creating several new section manager positions. Each section will have between three to four groups. The sections are (1) Systems, Architecture and Power Management, (2) Vehicle, Safety, Driver and Connectivity, (3) Wiring and Installation, and (4) Integration, Build and Testing. What You Will Be Doing
As Section manager for Wiring & Installation you will lead the development and installation work for electrical components, wire harnesses, power cables and connectors on our trucks. You will lead work for diesel products as well as high-voltage installations for battery-electric, and you will be highly involved in development of our autonomous trucks.
The transport industry and our vehicle are changing in rapid pace, and you will work with new solutions, scalable harness installation that accommodates all the new technology requirements for computing power, data processing, and power distribution.
The section defines the architecture for components and wiring in both cab and chassis areas. You will define routing strategies and secure assembly requirements are met. You will lead the design work and collaborate closely with multiple teams and cross functional stakeholders. You will manage the full life cycle of our products and work with strategy and concepts, development, production launch and maintenance.
As a Section Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and developing engineering managers in your section
- Setting strategies, developing work force plans and competencies for the future
- Driving continuous improvement plans and fostering innovative thinking
- Defining roadmaps and leading the development in your scope
- Delivering projects on time with right quality and according to budget
- Supporting technical decisions on component & system level
- Developing interfaces towards other functions to support project deliveries
In this position, you will report to the Chief Engineer Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity in Greensboro and take an active part in the leadership team to contribute to the overall development of the department. Who You Are
You are an experienced and passionate leader with a keen interest in both technology and people. You have long experience from product development and are likely very familiar with wiring, power management and electronics. You enjoy working with hands-on deliveries as well as strategic planning and managing several teams with highly professional engineers.
You are a skilled communicator and team builder, good at networking and with experience from large platform projects and you have led technically complex projects. Most likely you have experience from agile methodologies and global organization.
As a manager within EEVC Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mind-set, be positive and interested in developing people as well as technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in Product Development within the automotive industry
- Leadership experience with direct reports is a must.
- Documented experience from integration and verification
- Solid understanding of wire harnesses, electrical engineering, physical installation and packaging
What Can We Offer You?
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience leading technical leaders
- Experience in Project management of large projects
- Experience from Agile development methods
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within the Volvo Group. You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Teamwork, energy, passion, and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we are actively working to establish groups that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality, etc.Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier