Does being a part of a skilled Engineering team on the forefront of product development excite you? Are you looking for the chance to work with a team that shared your passion for quality?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is looking for a Design Checker
to join our team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our team, Product Structure & Checking, is a part of the Vehicle Engineering function for Volvo Group North America. Vehicle Engineering is a group of highly skilled and knowledgeable Engineers focused on delivering the highest quality products within the Conventional Range.
Product Structure North America has the responsibility for vehicle projects and product documentation quality for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced vehicle systems for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands.What You Will be Doing
As a Design Checker, you will be supporting our skilled Engineers within the Vehicle Engineering team including Chassis, Cab, Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity. You will provide feedback on engineering designs including mentoring in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). You will own the accurate release of the technical documentation of these designs ensuring they meet all company standards and specifications. Who You Are
You are a proven leader with a broad technical knowledge and the ability to create an efficient and trustworthy day-to-day operation. You are innovative and creative which inspires & challenges others within your organization to think outside of the box. You have a true can-do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to our vision, strategy & roadmap. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field; Master’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working with GD & T principles
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5M-1994, or later and/or ISO 1101:2013 and associated standards, or later
- Familiar with product engineering drawing details, 3-D product definition, and release processes
- Knowledge of part manufacturing and assembly methods
- Inspection techniques experience a plus
- CAD experience with CATIA V5 and/or Pro-E/CREO a plus
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier