Would you like to be a part of the team that develops software frameworks used to create embedded applications in the best construction machines in the world?
Embedded Electronic Systems Machine Platform at Volvo Construction Equipment (Volvo CE) in Eskilstuna is on an exciting journey. We are recruiting a person that will join the software framework development team to maintain source code management (SCM) and software releases. You will take part in tool configuration and creating development environments for this team. The width and depth of this role is great, and you will get a complete view of the product that are developed, released, and used within the full product range of Volvo CE. We are Volvo Construction Equipment – Building Tomorrow – Corporate Film - YouTubeOur offer to you
We will offer you an exciting position in an inspiring team. You will take part in developing new generations of electronic hardware and software frameworks. The frameworks are used to develop applications throughout the whole product range at Volvo CE. You will work close to the software framework development team as well as getting great opportunities to work globally and cross-functionally in the company.
We are looking for a person that can maintain and support the software framework development team with source code management, to control and maintain the software release process, to actively take part in the tool configurations within the team.
In our environment, you will find and work with many things, some examples are, source code using C, C++, Python, version control application such as ClearCase and Git, a great deal of automation methods using tools and scripts, such as, batch files, bash scripts, PowerShell scripts and programs, Gradle and Groovy plugins. What we expect from you
We believe you have the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. You are curious and want to learn new things as well as teach us new things. We believe that diversity will create a fun, sound, and nurturing environment for all. We want you to contribute not only professionally, but also personally.
If you can see yourself working in an environment that challenges you to combine your experience in the embedded software domain with a cross functional team-based approach, working with strategies, education, and hands-on development within the version control and build environments, then we believe you have the right attitude to be successful in this position.
You have professional experience within the embedded software domain and programming languages mentioned above, you fluently understand Git and/or ClearCase and can use them in an effective way in your everyday job, and you are comfortable to work and communicate closely in a team environment. Job tasks, example
Experience and Qualifications
- Maintain, support, and develop our ways of working with the Software Control Systems.
- Execute release management with the current SCM and Issue tracking system used.
- Actively support and develop automation in the development and projects.
- Relevant academic background, e.g. M.Sc or B.Sc in Software development or Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical field of study.
- Strong leadership skills
- Continuous development experience (Co/De), Artifactory, Gradle, Shell environments, etc,
- You are an experienced user of Windows 10.
- Practical experience with Software Version Control systems, e.g., IBM/Rational ClearCase, Git.
- Practical experience in automation scripts running in Windows environment
- Practical programming experience with C, C++, Python
- Experience with Software Complexity and Static code analysis
- Previous work experience in the real-time embedded software domain
- Fluent in Swedish and English (written and spoken)
Apply today as interviews will take place ongoing and the position may be filled before the last application day.
For further information, please contact:
Hiring Manager: Johan Finn +46 76 940 99 69
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.