Is analytics and data engineering your expertise area? Do you like working together with others while managing a high performing team? If that is what you enjoy, and you have an ability to inspire and engage in combination with great communication and problem-solving skills – this might be the perfect position for you.What we offer and who we are
We, at Digital Engineering (DE), are on a mission to drive the digitalization journey for Group Trucks Technology. We work tight together with stakeholders across several Business Areas and Truck Divisions. Within our responsibilities, we are driving the development of tools and methods to improve the overall R&D efficiency and enable the digitalization of the company. We also deliver R&D unique infrastructure to support our product development and ensures that reporting is done according to set rules and standards to be compliant with legislations.
Now we can offer you the opportunity to join our team!Your responsibilities as Director Data Engineering and Analytics:
The Director Data Engineering and Analytics will secure foundations for “Data driven Product development” within GTT organization.
We're looking for a leader to manage our team of experts in Data Engineering, Data Science and Data Analytics. The work is done in close contact with Product Owners, to support service and product development. A key delivery will be to build and maintain roadmaps on data architecture and associated capabilities that informs and drives insight.
In this role, you'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, also with one of the strongest data sets within Automotive industry and use cutting edge technology. You will see a clear connection between your contribution and how it impacts our products and people.
The perfect candidate will have strong data management and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data engineering teams. We also see that you should have strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, as well as strong project management leadership skills.This means:
Who are you?
- Breaking down high-level business needs and descriptions together with our stakeholders to a level where it can be translated in Data Solutions and Data Platforms roadmaps.
- Securing implementation and alignment to the Group Data Governance/Data Management framework and Enterprise Architecture principals
- Collaborate with the Data Platforms team in securing the creation and maintenance of the efficient Data Solutions and Data Platforms.
- Managing the inter-team operational aspects on a formal and ad-hoc basis, be available for clarification, quick decision making, escalations or reprioritization if needed.
- Own the projects together with the team, facilitate the progress, keep track of the cost and time.
- Empower the team to come up with ideas for backlog and product roadmap.
- Support and participate in the evolution of the team's agile processes.
- Make sure there's room for the team to focus on innovation and stay up to date with the best tools in the market.
- Build and develop the team's health, happiness, motivation, and growth.
- Manage portfolio governance structure to ensure successful portfolio execution, including preparation for and facilitation of regularly progress reviews and decisions meetings.
- You are a core member of the Digital Engineering Leadership Team.
As we don’t know you yet, we might not have everything right about who you are. What we do know though, is that it is important for the position to have strong communication skills, ability to explain and discuss complex problems in order to break them down into solvable missions, as this is what the job often is about.
In our team, we see each other as team-players with integrity and high level of accountability. We believe it is important that you share this mindset with us in order to enjoy this position. We also think you should have the ability to create and boost engagement, inclusion and motivation when working with others. As you will work cross-functionally with many interactions both within and outside of Volvo Group on different levels within the organizations, we believe you should be capable of building good relations in collaboration with both internal and external parties.Other qualifications:
Volvo Group Trucks Technology are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc. We find that well balanced working teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solution.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Information systems and/or R&D related IT
- Extensive IT or Product Development experience
- Experience from R&D work, primarily in Data/Information Management development
- Experience from data engineering / data management solutions focus on product development
- Experience from driving change management in conjunction with implementation of new way of working supporting data driven development
- Experience from data privacy and risk management
- Minimum 3 years of experience from Line Management– leading leaders and global teams
- Understanding customer needs and how the project results will be used and managed by the receiving organization and/or end customers
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent in team and community development and interest in how each person can contribute to the team.
Are you ready to join our growing department and develop together with us? Please send your application as soon as possible, we can’t wait to get to know you better and will read applications continuously.Curious to learn more about the position? Do you have questions? Contact me:
Thomas Lezama, Vice President Digital Engineering, +46 76 557939
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.