Are you a motivated Engineer with a passion for solving complex electrical engineering problems? Do you work best in a diverse, inclusive environment where collaboration is the key to success? Does being a part of creating and delivering a new product lineup excite you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Mack Trucks is seeking a Lead Product Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Salem, VA. Who We Are
Mack Trucks has recently established its Roanoke Valley Operations (RVO) manufacturing facility for the production of the newly launched Mack Medium Duty (MD) Series. This 280,000 square feet facility is dedicated to the assembly of Mack medium-duty vehicles, adding to an already robust product lineup to reach new customers and applications. Serial production of the Mack MD Series began in July 2020.
As we aim to learn from the successes of this commercial venture and harmonize engineering opportunities, the development of the Mack MD was recently joined with our Vehicle Engineering Team within Group Trucks Technology.
Vehicle Engineering secures our customers’ success by leading and developing of the Volvo Trucks North America and MACK vehicles. As product owners we develop the most attractive and profitable heavy duty truck solutions in the industry. We work as one development team: supporting each other to secure delivery according to decided product plan, and we proactively recommend new technologies for future customer needs.What You Will be Doing
As the Lead Product Mechanical Engineer, you will provide professional expertise as the leading mechanical engineering authority within Mack Medium Duty. You will also be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Developing, coordinating, and performing complex electrical/electronic engineering tasks that accomplish the department goals while also keeping quality & timeline in mind.
- Serving as a mentor and leader to other engineers on the team
- Applying electrical architecture/engineering principles and practices to projects of varying complexity in specialty areas from concept planning to completion.
- Assisting with meeting project cost constraints, deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Cross-Collaborating with global colleagues in your area of expertise.
- Assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations (FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA,etc.).
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 8-12+ years of related experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- Extensive knowledge of class 8 heavy duty truck electrical/electronic design principles and assembly manufacturing processes.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier