Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large. This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer within Data Management Group. Here you will be an integral part of the team focused on managing and delivering data centric services to VGCS and other stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining Data Lake services.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS.
- Creates and manages environments for advanced analytics/machine/deep learning and AI
- Leverages best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Pre-process, clean and structures data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities
- Learns and uses modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques.
- Performs intelligent sampling and caching.
- Recommends and implements automation in existing and future integration flows.
- Helps improving data quality by driving advancements in data acquisition, testing and tooling
- Ensuring a solid operation and maintenance of our platform
- Automation of system installation and configuration
- Contributing to Roadmap and other improvements
- Providing Runtime support for services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Data Engineer role
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in data analysis and data presentations.
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experienced in AWS lake formation, AWS Glue, AWS Step Function and other AWS analytical Services
- Experience in Python Programming language
- Experience in PySpark
What can we offer you?
- Microservice architecture
- 24/7 Service delivery environment
- Experience from the Connected Vehicle Industry is a plus.
- Candidate should have a valid work permit.
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Our main hub and headquarter is in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact Sanjeev Singh , Manager Data Management & Data Lake Services, +46 703 9021237
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.