Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Materials and Structures team as a Materials/Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and reporting
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Issue written and oral reports
- Support of component and system test activities; including FEA analysis, vibration analysis, component rig testing
You are a Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Materials & Structures manager within the Base Engine, Driveline, and E&E department of Powertrain Engineering, North America.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week.