Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern
you will be working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Performance Group within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers to understand performance tuning & development of the engine, to make improvements to existing tools, and to work on a project (guided by one of the engineers).
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Work closely with the performance team to quickly analyze data coming from engine and vehicle testing.
- Receive instructions on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions. Assistance is provided on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment
- Under guidance of engineers, make modifications to or create data analysis tools to assist engineers in their day-to-day work.
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). You will have the opportunity to show and develop skills: teamwork, communication, reliability and flexibility. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will also have the opportunity to expose and develop your skills such as teamwork, communication, reliability, flexibility. You will report to Performance Group Manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.