Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As a Driveline and Hybrid Technology Engineering Co-op you will work on future technologies to advance our product to achieve carbon neutral and sustainability goals. You will work on the evolution powertrain: Transmissions, Gears and shafts, Drive Axles, Clutches, Electric Drive Axle, and other electromobility products. You will interact and learn from other team members. You may need to work with mechanics and technicians to make a prototype component or build a prototype truck.Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Work on design and validation of traditional and Electric Vehicle powertrains: transmissions, gears, shafts, clutches, axles, and EMOB components including evaluating failures, proposing solutions and executing test plans.
- Work on tasks and assignments starting from the early prototype phases, to industrialization phases, and product maintenance (eliminating customer quality issues).
- Create a time plan and manager your own personal tasks and assignments
- Ensuring the product design fulfills the business targets / requirements.
- Support the Engineering team by working on FMEA’s and design reviews for product components & systems.
- Analyze test and field failures, learning and utilizing Root Cause Analysis, and using a Pugh Matrix method to propose and implement the optimum cross functional design.
- Complete calculations and analysis, summarize results, then document knowledge and data into Engineering Reports.
You are a Mechanical Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or similar degreed student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Driveline and Hybrid Technology Manager.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week.