Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are:
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning, and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing:
Students are an integral part of the Product Development team and will be afforded the opportunity to work on assignments that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With operations in Sweden, France, Japan, North and South America, we offer an educational experience that will introduce students to a global way of working. Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Verify embedded software functions
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and report
- Document issues and delivering oral reports
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
You are a Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Software Engineering Group Manager.Requirements:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week