We are looking for System Design Engineers
to join the team working on the functional architecture of the Electric Propulsion System.
As a System Design engineer, you will work with a team who is responsible for the functional architecture of the Electric Propulsion System. Our system engineers/architects are working together to build a robust platform and functional architecture. You will develop the concepts and high-level design of Electric Propulsion control functions.Specific responsibilities include:
- Your deliveries consider entire lifecycle of development with participation and/or leading concepts in early phases of the development cycle.
- Steer exploration of alternatives to establish a system level solution.
- Secure competitive system solutions for the application needs.
- Contribute to the development of technical roadmaps and system architecture roadmaps.
Who are you?
- Responsible for functional decomposition and defining the interfaces between sub-systems
- Work close to other teams, e.g. simulation, data analytics, Software development and system verification.
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You either have experience from the automotive industry, system development, software development with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility. Experience:
Are we a perfect match?
- PHD / ME / M Tech in Electronics / Electrical & Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent from reputed institutes.
- You have 3+ years of experience in Embedded Software design and development
- You have knowledge and experience from traction voltage system and components
- Experience in the functional design of Electric Propulsion Management System
- Good Understanding of CAN protocol, UDS, J1939, Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Experience from Functional Safety and ISO2626
Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of buses, trucks, construction equipment and marine applications. When joining us you will be a part of the biggest technology shift in the transport industry in decades and we want you to be in the front seat.
We are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent to differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, among others. We find that well balanced work teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions.Do you want to join us on our electrified journey?Are you curious and have some questions? Call us!
We are happy to provide you with more information about the position and how we can team up for an electrifying tomorrow!
“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”