Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As an Engineering Intern
in this area, you will be working with a team of Aftermarket Technologies Service and Spare Parts Engineers. We develop and deliver Service and Repair Methods as well as Spare Parts Assortment for Volvo and Mack Trucks. You will have the opportunity to work in the shop on validation of Service & Repair Methods, as well as work with Spare Part Engineering on Spare Part Assortment offerings and process improvement. Beyond traditional engineering work you will have the opportunity to work with Automation to bring efficiencies to the day-to-day work for the team.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Automation Development
- You will use Power Automate, Python etc to deliver automated scripts to improve delivery speed in day-to-day tasks
- Validation & Verification
- Physical Validation & Verification of Service & Repair methods
- Make recommendations on improving steps in methods
- Make recommendations on special tools to support
- Spare Part Assortment
- Work on Spare Part Assortment efficiencies
- Collect data and make recommendations on Spare Part Assortment strategy/offering improvements
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager for Service & Parts Assortment Engineers.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.