Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As an E&E Engineering Intern
you will have the opportunity to work directly with the electrical team engineers as well as other technology team engineers, lab technicians, mechanics, and Manufacturing Engineers. You will have the opportunity to be involved in developing sustainable designs to meet the auto industry’s goal to go carbon neutral. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the Company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Perform the verification of components using bench tests and engine testing.
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Completion of test reports
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
You are an Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group manager, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.