Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As a Fuel Injection Engineering Intern
you will work with the Air & Gas/ Fuel Injection group. You will support our team in developing, testing and calibrating advanced hardware technology for turbo charging, exhaust gas recirculation, fuel filtration and high-pressure fuel injection that are used in Volvo group powertrains to fulfill our customers performance needs, reduce fuel consumption and act on our vehicles environmental impact. You will be an integral part of the Product Development team and will be afforded the opportunity to work on assignments that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With operations in Sweden, France, Japan, North and South America, we offer an educational experience that will introduce students to a global way of working.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support component design, verification, and release activities.
- Support system testing, perform components evaluations and analysis.
- Support software functions calibration activities.
- Run data analysis based on test recording or customer trucks data
- Develop and perform simulation work to support hardware or calibration development
- Work closely with team members, other groups, other sites, and suppliers.
You are a Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). You are a team player with customer focus, that has great analytical and technical skills and communicate well with your peers. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Engineering Group Manager of this team.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Programing, Software Engineering, or equivalent, at an accredited school, and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship position.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Coursework focusing on engines, chemistry, controls, and systems preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Interns are enrolled in academic courses during their intern rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week.