Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Test Engineering Intern
you will work with our Durability and Reliability Testing Team (D&R). You will work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Durability and Reliability Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and experienced D&R Test Engineers. This position will also involve some exposure to the virtual testing methods used within the Durability Engineering domain and assist experienced simulation and analysis engineers with post processing work related to these methods. This position will include exposure to strength and durability testing using hydraulic actuator rigs, taking measurements of vibrational and strain data to work on model correlation and durability evaluation, custom rig design and access to cutting edge tools and technology related to verification testing.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Perform test requests with guidance of more experienced engineers
- Call and attend meeting with test stake holders regarding assigned test requests
- Write work planner and set-up data acquisition
- Report generation and data analysis
- Assist with test scheduling and status updates
- Execution of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation as required
- Fixture / Rig design (CAD) to support test requests
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Durability and Reliability group manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week