Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As an Engineering Intern
you will work on some interesting real development projects guided by experienced colleagues, giving you an opportunity to understand our development processes, be part of solving real problems and get answers to a lot of questions. While having fun, you will also be learning a lot about our products and the great engineering behind them.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Develop hardware and software components and systems to be integrated in our HMI Rig for GTNA
- Specific tasks may involve troubleshooting and designing electronic circuit boards and working hands on with automotive electronic components, control units and wiring and writing embedded software in a variety of languages (i.e. C, C#, Python, etc.)
- Work with agile processes and engineering standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable and reliable hardware and software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of the products.
You are an Electrical, electronic or computer science Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Science Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.