Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As an Engineering Intern
you will work along side engineers responsible for various complex Cab Living (Interior) components or systems, making real and meaningful engineering contributions to our product.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Contribute to concept development, supporting detailed engineering design, solving problems on current products, prepare engineering documentation and facilitating the administration of deliveries for the Interior Living – the Interior Living team is responsible for cabinets, wall trim, headliners, floor mats and other interior trim related components
- You will be empowered to manage the quality, timeliness and accuracy of your engineering deliveries, embracing accountability and ownership with support and guidance from responsible engineers
- You will learn cross functional teamwork skills working with counterparts in other departments and stakeholders include Purchasing, Product Design, Aftermarket/Parts/Service, Manufacturing and Quality – as a developing leader, you will participate in these teams in an effort to meet stakeholder’s needs and ensure that requirements are clear and meaningful
- You will be exposed to applicable regulatory demands for components and systems and will be part of ensuring our products meet those demands
- You will have the opportunity to learn about and understand complex injection molded and soft trim interior components and systems and the manufacturing processes that make them
- You will participate in knowledge sharing efforts across the broader cab organization, locally and globally, amongst permanent staff and amongst a group of student peers
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of truck engineering. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager for Cab Living.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.