Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Prototype Build Engineering Co-op
you will be working with our prototype operations team to deliver tomorrow’s products today.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Participate in cross-functional work related to prototypes together with representatives from product development, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Support prototype operations to ensure that all prototypes needed for the verification and validation in development projects are delivered on time and with the right quality.
- Support the assembly of prototype trucks and rigs in the production plants or in internal workshops.
- Be an active member of the prototype operations team and working closely with project managers, technology leaders, buyers, workshop personnel as well as the development and verification teams.
You are a Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to prototype builds group manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week.