You are interested in the evolution of Societies, in the adaptation of modes of transport and in the environmental challenges of today and tomorrow, welcome to the heart of the dynamics of the Volvo group and its R&D teams.
We are your future colleagues within the Cabin Development team. Come and join us at the CAB Lyon department to work on motivating projects, within dynamic teams and in an environment structured for exchange, creativity, and the well-being of CAB Lyon employees.
Our team is made up of experienced engineers and designers focused on present and future technological challenges. You will evolve in an atmosphere stimulated by the search for performance aimed at ensuring the competitiveness of the transport offers of the Renault Trucks and Volvo Trucks brands. We operate in an international context and interact daily with our colleagues within the group (Sweden, India, United States, Brazil) as well as with our suppliers.
We develop components for the cabins of the group's vehicles. We have the ambition to develop our transport solutions to minimize C0² emissions, to make driving easier with the integration of new technologies while improving user safety.
Most cabin components are made of plastic materials. The Volvo Group is committed to a sustainable development approach, aimed at reducing the environmental impact of plastic components.
We are looking for an interested and motivated person to guide the design of the parts produced by our Cabin Vehicle engineers of course, but also Chassis and Electricity/Electronics and estimate the CO² impact over the entire life cycle of these components:
- Choice of materials in relation with those responsible for vehicle systems
- CO² impact estimate
- Update of our specifications
- Collaboration with our suppliers in the development of processes and materials reducing CO² impacts
- Making and monitoring tests in our materials laboratory
Identification and Development of plastic recycling channels that can be applied at the end of the life of our vehicles
- You will be located on the Lyon site and will have the opportunity to travel occasionally in France and abroad.
- You will propose solutions for all phases of the product's life, from the production of the raw material to its end.
- You will work in close collaboration with the other sites of the group, as well as our various internal and external partners and will lead a multifunctional team.
Who are you :
Your motivation for teamwork, your organizational skills and your interpersonal skills will be essential assets. Your curiosity and your desire to take up challenges will be satisfied by the many opportunities offered by our product plan.
Knowledge and experience sought:
This offer is aimed at young engineering graduates, as well as engineers who already have initial professional experience.
- You are motivated to drive actions that will improve environmental impacts.
- You have skills in plastics and manufacturing processes
- You enjoy developing, planning and monitoring technical projects from A to Z.
- You have an easy relationship
- You can work in a network
- You know how to be autonomous and rigorous to manage the various subjects for which you are responsible
- You will need the following skills and experience:
- Training of BAC+5 with a specialization in environment and plastics.
- Knowledge in the design and manufacture of plastic parts
- Knowledge of a CAD tool (CATIA, CREO, …)
- Fluency in English essential
- Teamwork in a multi-business environment
- Interest in new technologies and their integration in the field of transport
Are we made to get along?
You will work in a global and international environment that will offer you opportunities for both professional and personal development. In the Volvo Group, we work for your success and your development, because when you succeed, we succeed. Together, we increase our performance!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.