Are you a leader who is passionate about the future of logistics and want to make a difference in the services we deliver to our customers? Do you want to work in an environment where your work really matters; where your strong business and customer focus skills allow you to make a difference by enhancing the service market business? Can you set the direction and lead the work to position Service Market Logistics (SML) as a key competitive advantage in the Volvo Group?Who We Are!
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of 3,750 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries. Every day we deliver world-class operational excellence to our customers by applying smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage, and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures.
We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our 1,000,000 SF Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. Our Byhalia CDC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN.
SML NA is searching for a Logistics Engineer
and will report to the Operations Support Manager.Responsibilities / Main tasks
Responsible to lead, develop, plan, and execute Logistics Engineering and Logistics Preparation using world-class internal material handling practices.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Design and implement the complete internal logistic flow from the receiving dock to the line
- Define manpower and equipment requirement, taking into consideration the cost reduction and productivity targets for logistics
- Design and implement the logistic areas’ layouts according to the plant master plan
- Participate in and/or lead Kaizen events to improve operations, reduce costs, and maximize productivity through the Value Stream Mapping methodology
- Support the implementation of the VPS (Continuous Improvement) Logistics Pillar using the Volvo Operations Concept
- Expert and/or Key User in VPS (Continuous Improvement) tools
- Bring innovation and creativity to the logistics processes
- Work closely with Materials Business Team Leaders and Supervisors to ensure good communication between engineering and the shop floor
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 2 years’ experience in the Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics environment
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate data and information in a clear and concise way to decision makers at all levels
- Ability to manage projects and other deliverables to successful outcomes in defined timeframes.
- Self-propelled, planning and execution skills and ability to independently drive and solve complex tasks
- Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office applications)
- Understanding and exposure to lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with working in cross functional teams
- Ownership Accountability: Take the lead in getting the job done and accept responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Teamwork: Build cooperation among individuals and departments, share information and resources, and work to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Lean Concept Advocate: Implement Lean Manufacturing & Flow values; Foster the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframe traditional patterns of thinking; Apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Attention to Details: Monitor adherence to standards; Actively check for accuracy of data received or generated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Take a well-ordered approach to solving problems; Act despite obstacles or resistance