If so, we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Hub-to-Hub Autonomous Solutions Team in Dallas, TX.Who We Are
Our team, Volvo Autonomous Solutions (VAS), is a new entity within the Volvo Group with the mission to offer transport and material handling solutions never seen before. We accelerate the development, commercialization, and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. With entirely new business models and highly advanced technology we will meet and exceed expectations from customers while also contributing to a society that we want to live in. There are 300 of us and together we form a team that is stronger than the sum of its parts - and is ready to tackle the big challenges we have ahead of us!What You Will be Doing
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning, dispatching and operating VAS commercial operations safely and efficiently. You will assure that the planning and dispatching/monitoring activities are performed to maximize the utilization of the Volvo Autonomous Fleet while providing 99+% on-time service for our customers.The mission of the role is to:
Who You Are
- Collaborate with Volvo Safety to assure that all Safety regulations and procedures are being followed by the operations staff when scheduling, dispatching and monitoring the Volvo on-road drivers and AV’s.
- Partner directly with our customers to understand their operational service needs.
- Provide leadership to the Planners and Dispatchers/Monitors, by creating and implementing procedures and strategies that ensure safe operation, 99+% on-time service for customer and maximize utilization and profits.
- Oversee the operations team and monitor their activities to ensure safety, customer delivery and utilization are all being optimized.
- Support the operation team by providing leadership in solving unexpected operational issues.
- Create and present operations and financial KPI reports to the Volvo leadership team.
- Collaborate with Volvo Customer Account Managers to create and present customer focused KPI reports to our customers.
- Analyze operational data, determine trends and implement improvement efficiency based on findings.
You are an experienced operations professional focused on customer satisfaction and delivery optimization. You have proven experience working in a dynamic environment and breaking down barriers to improve interactions and efficiencies. You also have a strong business acumen and the ability to develop and implement meaningful performance metrics for operations.Requirements:
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelors in Logistics or Supply Chain, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- 5+ years’ experience dispatching for a trucking company.
- Proven experience in developing, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Management Software.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly FMCSR & OSHA standards.
- Must have experience with weather forecasting tools and a strong understanding of the AV weather related dispatch restrictions.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?