HGV Technician - Renault Trucks Bellshill, ML4 3LUFull Time – Permanent£35,000 to £40,000 plus overtime and an excellent benefits package
We are looking for an experienced HGV Technician to join us in our busy Bellshill workshop, working closely with a team of Technicians to ensure that work is completed efficiently, in a timely manner and with excellence in quality.
You will work a rotating shift pattern working (day shift and late shift) with the opportunity to work regular overtime at time and a half.
This is a great opportunity to bring your HGV Technician skills and experience to a highly innovative global brand in the world of commercial vehicles, Renault Trucks,
who manufacture, distribute and market a complete range of trucks and vans across our network of dealerships.This is us, your new colleagues
We have two technician teams in the workshop, who all rotate shifts together, meaning that you work with the same team of technicians every week. We are a friendly team, lending our support to new-comers, apprentices and existing colleagues alike. Job role
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs in accordance with manufacturer’s procedures
- Working to the highest standards surpassing manufacturer’s and VOSA standards
- Fast and accurate fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Communicate with the Shift Supervisor to ensure that you have valid job specifications and time budget, prior to work commencing
- Following company processes by completing all relevant paperwork
- Completing thorough safety checks and preparing vehicles for MOTs
- Ensuring product knowledge and skills are maintained to company requirements
WHO ARE YOU?
- Competitive hourly rate (plus overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate)
- 42.5 hrs a week plus overtime, shift allowance, standby and call out allowance
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 5 years
- On-going training and development
- Contributory pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Excellent benefits package including an Employee Assistance Programme, a Cycle to Work scheme and a generous pension scheme
- Access to a wide range of employee discounts including half price cinema tickets, discounted gym membership and lots of shopping and social discounts.
- You hold technical qualifications and relevant experience within the commercial vehicle industry
- You have excellent diagnostic skills & are great at solving problems
- You are a good team player with the ability to work on your own initiative
- You hold a valid UK driving licence. Having a HGV licence would be an advantage, but if you don’t already have one, an eagerness to attain one