Specialist - Hardware Engineer @ Charging | Electromobility
Volvo Group Trucks Technology – Electromobility is the global, strategic center for electric vehicle development within the Volvo Group. By 2040 the entire sales of Volvo Group vehicle shall be fossil free and already by 2030 the annual sale of Electric Trucks will be 100 000 vehicles. Electromobility is a key area for the Volvo Group in order to be in the fore front of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a sustainable tomorrow.
Electromobility in Bangalore is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We work in close cooperation with colleagues across globe to develop solutions and components which will electrify Volvo vehicles and contribute for a sustainable future.In Power Conversion we develop solutions for transferring energy from the grid to the vehicle and distributing energy from the battery to the electric drive system. By doing so, we deliver end customer value for all Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications!
We are now looking for a Specialist in Hardware Engineering domain who will act as a global component responsible for charging communication controller for Volvo Emob products adhering to European and North American standards.Key Responsibilities:
Competence and relevant experience:
- Define technical requirements and lead component development activities (both HW & SW) with the supplier following Volvo GTT processes & guidelines
- Maintain the charging hardware that already in production and develops new one catering to charging roadmap of Volvo E-mobility
- He/she will act as interface with software & other Electric hardware development teams
- Support with RFQ, sourcing and supplier selection process
- Review supplier design documents and secure RTS
- Secure installation requirements
- Ensuring solutions are verified and validated against requirements
- Be an active member of our agile team working with the JIRA backlog and secure product documentation and release processes
- Solve challenges in current products and solve quality issues as needed
- Support functional verification and fault tracing in vehicles as well as in rigs and lab environment.
- He/She is expected to have a know-how on end to end ECU hardware development and Validation.
- Exposure to ISO 26262 functional safety and EMI/EMC verification.
- Worked with schematics & simulation Tools and exposure to CAN tools.
- Engineer is expected to have hands-on with Power & Can modules, Microcontrollers, High & low side drives, Sensor communication, Led drivers, H-Bridge Controllers.
- Experience with PLC communication will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills and proven collaboration skills
- 8+ years of automotive product development experience
- Knowledge of automotive charging standards
- BE/MTech in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Great team player with agile mindset
- Knowledge of CAD tools e.g Creo is an advantage
- Volvo GTT systems, process and tools knowledge is an asset
We believe that you are an action-oriented team player with the ability to successfully drive the team’s tasks to completion and lead cross-functional teams. You have a strategic ability to understand, identify and adapt to future needs and challenges. You also have adequate planning and organizing abilities.